Dissolved air flotation (DAF) is a water treatment process that clarifies waste water by the removal of suspended matter such as oil or solids. The removal is achieved by dissolving air in the water or wastewater under pressure and then releasing the air at atmospheric pressure in a flotation tank or basin. The released air forms tiny bubbles which adhere to the suspended matter causing the suspended matter to float to the surface of the water where it may then be removed by a skimming device.
- Complete, skid-mounted design for ease of installation.
- Rectangular profile for maximum space utilization
- Rugged tank design that will not flex
- Superior performance without the use of plate-pack that can foul or collapse
- All stainless steel tank construction
- Quality drive and pump components for long-term reliability
- Multi-step quality control program
- Full construction and component warranties.
- Product recovery and reuse
- Pretreatment to meet sewer discharge limits
- Pretreatment to reduce loading on downstream biological treatment systems
- Polishing of biological treatment effluent
- Thickening of bio solids
- Food processing
- Snack food processing
- Petroleum and petrochemical refining
- Natural gas and petroleum fracking
- Waste activated sludge thickening
- Biological solids clarification
- Phosphorous removal
- Algae removal